Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mother's Day Gift Ideas: Mother's Day Should Be EVERYDAY!!!

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."  ~Tenneva Jordan

******

       Is it me or is this year just flying by? It's astonishing, really. It seems like only yesterday that I was 14 (17 years ago) and bragging to the little neighborhood kids that I only had a year before I got my learner's license. Wow... Anyway, Mother's Day is once again upon us and I'm excited to do some DIY Mothers Day crafts with the kids. Money has been a little tight lately so DIY projects are just what the bank account ordered. I have been pinning on Pinterest like a mad woman and have come across some really cute, inexpensive crafts to do with the little ones. These will be great for grandmas, aunts, your girlfriends and anyone else who celebrates this day:

-Pretty Painted Flower Pot:
 If you're into shabby chic like I am, this would be a great gift to give or receive!

Source: kaboose




This lady has some really cute ideas for a lot of things so check out her site!

-DIY Brushstroaked Glazed Mini Bowls

Source: creaturecomfortsblog.com

-Hand Print Framed Art

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Jrc4gLk440E/Sg-y07eMleI/AAAAAAAAEC8/MWtewWwd0jc/s400/IMG_1215.jpg
Source: 1.bp.blogspot.com

So there wasn't any instructions on how to create this, but it looks pretty self explanatory. These are so adorable and if you have a lot of kids like I do, this would make for a cute collection to hang above the door in your bedroom or above the front door.

Recommended Materials:

*cheap frame from the Dollar Tree
*paint or wrapping paper for handprint
*complementing colored ribbon for hanger
*fine tipped Sharpie for writing the name of the child and year underneath the handprint
*construction paper to use as the background for the handprint

-Mother's Love Photo Gift
I love this! And since I have four kids this would be great to give to their mawmaw.

Mother's Love Photo Gift {Mother's Day Gifts to Make}
Source: tipjunkie.com


- Pretty Candles For Mom

These are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Browse this website for some more beautiful, classy gifts to make and give for Mother's Day:

A Mother's Candle
Source: Better Homes and Gardens



       Mothers have the hardest job that there ever was. I know from experience, obviously. It's easy to get burnt out and feel unappreciated. That's why you should always take care of the moms in your life. Even if it's just lending an ear to a fellow mommy that just wants to vent about how her husband didn't want to toast garlic bread for dinner while she was busy making an amazing salad! Moms need a good support system. I'm totally tearing up as I write this final paragraph! 

       Tears aside, if your a mom, you will always have a place to vent right here on this blog. Chances are that I will completely understand what you're going through and I will be happy to be your venting outlet. Don't forget to subscribe so you always stay up to date with my posts and don't forget to support your fellow mommies. You never know when they may really need a friend.

~XoXo Jess


































































2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the series of photos -- great idea!

Krlenen said...

Thank you sarah! I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

~Jess